- Program Details
- Useful Information
- Contact Us
Welcome to Wyndham Vale Primary Kindergarten
As a member of bestchance, the Wyndham Vale Primary School Kindergarten philosophy, practices and behaviours will reflect numerous stakeholders in the Early Childhood industry. These are items such as:
- The vision, mission, philosophy and values of bestchance
- The Early Childhood Code of Ethics
- Human Rights
- The National Quality Standards
- Early childhood development and play theories
- The Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework
Specifically, in regards to children and education:
- We believe that children learn through play.
- We believe that childhood is a time to be, to seek and to make meaning of the world.
- We believe an integrated service environment is fundamental to providing best outcomes to children, families, staff and the wider community.
- We share a commitment to reflective practice and ongoing quality improvement.
- We believe in providing children with respect, care, equity, real and trusting relationships.
- We believe that children are individuals, with a wide range of capabilities, interests and knowledge and as such should be treated as individuals and contributors to their own learning.
- We believe in providing a rich, inquisitive, engaging, natural and interested based play program.
- We believe in risk taking, but manage these risks appropriately and individually to each child.
- We believe children develop confidence, independence and positive self-esteem, when they feel supported, secure and respected.
- We believe in allowing time for blocks of uninterrupted play, allowing children to become fully immersed in their play.
- We believe in implementing consistent and predictable routines. In this we also provide notice for transitions.
- We encourage children to develop their independence, however ensuring we are near them to provide support if requested.
- We encourage children to contribute their ideas and thoughts into the program.
Specifically, in regards to families and our community:
- We create and deliver a program, in an extended family environment.
- We believe that the early years are the building blocks for later life.
- We recognise that children develop in the context of their families and this is the starting point for service delivery.
- We respect and welcome a child’s and families culture, beliefs and values and portray this in a positive light.
- We value the relationships that we build and maintain between adults and adults, adults and children and children and peers.
- We engage in regular conversations with parents/families.
We aim to include valuable information gained from the child’s family, into everyday practice and planning. We then implement these plans with the children, families and educators.