Call 1300 224 644 to book now
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113)
About the course:
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care qualification is aimed at people who are working with or wish to work with children. The course studies the use of organisational policies and procedures as well as how to plan activities and provide care for infants, pre-schoolers and primary school-aged children within a children’s service. This course also has a mandatory work placement component of 120 hours, to provide you with on-the-job experience that will help you secure employment.
Occupational titles may include Childhood Educator Assistant, Childhood Educator, Family Day Care Worker, Playgroup Supervisor and Nanny. Depending on the setting, you may work under direct supervision or autonomously. In some settings, you may also have limited supervisory responsibilities of volunteers.
Two days per week from 9.30am to 3pm (24 weeks of class time), plus an additional 120 hours of work placement.
*Course duration may vary based on frequency of delivery and public holidays
This course is undertaken as a combination of class based teaching, work placement and independent learning tasks. Students are required to attend classes as timetabled and allow time for additional independent study. Work placement totalling 120 hours in an approved centre is a requirement for successful completion of the course. Workplace assessments will be conducted for each placement.
- Dedication, patience and tact
- Ability to relate easily to children
- Flexible in approach
- Ability to communicate simply and clearly
Contact us to attend an information session to ensure your eligibility.
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and disabilities to apply for this training.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Available during hours 9.30am – 3pm
- Appropriate level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic computer skills, including internet and email
- Working with Children Check (must be obtained prior to work placement)
bestchance Training offers low course fees in comparison to other registered training organisations – to find out how much this course costs click here. All course fees can be paid through a flexible payment plan to suit your needs.
We run this course all year round – please visit our course calendar for our latest course dates.
- CHCLEG001 Work Legally and Ethically
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- HLTWHS001 Participate in work health and safety
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing co-operative behaviour
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of young people
- CHCDIV001 Work with Diverse people
After completion of this qualification, participants may continue their education in the Diploma of Early Childhood Education ad Care (CHC50113).