- Posted: 17 June, 2019
- by Wyndham Vale Primary Kindergarten
Dance helps development!
The benefits dance has on early childhood development is definitely worth understanding!
- The ability to dance develops in children before they can even form words!
- Dance is a primal part of human experience across all cultures and time periods that unites us all no matter our age.
- Body language communication through the movements their can express ideas, animals’, shapes, natural elements, and more.
- Verbal language communication through following the teacher’s instructions and when they share ideas or provide feedback.
- Physical development benefits when a children dances and moves. They are learning motion, body awareness, balance, muscle strength, coordination, rhythm, memory and more!
- In dance activities, children have the opportunity to learn in a comfortable social setting. They must take turns, work as a group, cooperate, share, understand space, form lines, watch and support one another, perform, and interact. They learn that communication can occur through immediate and effective movement to express an idea.
- At a young age, children understand that movement can be used as a response to an idea or problem. This creates a cognitive link to a solution or outcome. This type of cognitive development creates an awareness of how to function in the world.
- Because dancing is also an art form, children are learning how to creatively express their emotions as well. There are endless opportunities to share and be aware of various emotions as children experience one another and themselves through movement.