- Program Details
- Useful Information
- Contact Us
Welcome to Heatherhill Preschool
IN RELATION TO CHILDREN:
- We believe that all children are capable, competent and active participants in their own learning and as such we have high expectations for every child.
- We believe in the uniqueness of every child and we value their individual personalities, learning styles, cultural values and beliefs.
- We value each child as an individual within the group and value their individual contributions to the kindergarten community.
- We place high value on allowing children to be children and therefore, we value the importance of allowing children to live in the now while, still looking to the future.
- We believe in supporting children to reach their potential to be all that they can be.
- We believe learning is a social activity and work to create caring, respectful and collaborative learning relationships between all members of the kindergarten including children, teachers and families.
IN RELATION TO FAMILIES AND THE COMMUNITY:
- We believe in creating a welcoming home-like environment where all children and families are made to feel comfortable.
- We believe that families are a child’s first and most influential teacher and aim to work in partnership with them.
- We believe that all families bring their own values, culture, history and traditions with them into the kindergarten community and value the richness this gives to the program.
- We believe in the value of creating respectful, reciprocal and responsive relationships between the children, teachers and families and work towards this through promoting cooperation and collaboration in our work together.
- We value the active participation of families in our program and encourage and support families to engage in meaningful participation.
IN RELATION TO THE PROGRAM:
- We believe in the high value of play as a tool for children’s learning.
- We believe in the importance of creating a safe and secure environment where children feel supported and valued.
- We believe in the value of an indoor/outdoor environment where children can engage in long periods of uninterrupted play.
- We value the strengths, interests, skills and abilities of all of the children and incorporate these into the program to motivate learning.
- We value learning and encourage children to be inquiry learners by challenging children to explore and to experiment through play.
- We believe in creating an enabling learning environment that encourages children to be active and involved learners who will be positive members of the community.
- We value healthy and active living and promote physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- We believe that the role of educators is to provide a stimulating and responsive environment where positive reinforcement and encouragement make learning possible.
- We believe in fostering a respect for the self, others and the environment within all aspects of the program.
- We value the importance of learning about the world around us and work to promote respect for the environment.
Like on Facebook to keep up to date with what’s happening