- Program Details
- Useful Information
- Contact Us
Welcome to Lower Plenty Kindergarten
Our teaching Philosophy is the heart of our teaching. We celebrate diversity and embrace the uniqueness of each child and this precious stage in their early education.
- We are committed to providing a respectful, nurturing, positive and safe environment for children, families and staff. We cultivate open and respectful relationships with children, families and the community. We are committed to ensuring a family-centred practice.
- We encourage children and families to connect with and contribute to our kindergarten community and our local community. We encourage respectful relationships and responsive engagement.
- We proudly create a learning environment that is welcoming, safe, fun and is in harmony with the natural environment, with flexibility to ensure that each child develops skills and dispositions to enable them high achievements in their learning.
- We ensure each child is welcomed, celebrated and nurtured. We support and sustain an inclusive, equitable and diverse environment in both our program and practices.
- We ensure optimal learning for all children by working closely with parents and other professionals or agencies to ensure an inclusive, supportive and optimal learning environment.
- We hold high expectations for each child and believe in all children’s capacity to succeed.
- We provide a natural environment that is calm, ensures time for uninterrupted play and nurtures their inquisitiveness and sense of wonder.
- Mutual respect, trust, compassion and acceptance of oneself and others are fostered and encouraged.
- We see each child as unique and celebrate this within the group dynamics.
- We celebrate diversity of culture, background, knowledge, abilities, ideas and interests.
- We consider and care for each child’s abilities while sensitive to their culture, background and personal needs.
- We see each child as a whole, and all areas of development and learning are supported we embrace an understanding of each child’s interests, strengths and dispositions.
- Our learning programs are developed to cater for the different developmental stages and individuality of the child based on their age, background, strengths and interests.
- Our program is play-based where children can learn through play, we want them to: have a strong sense of identity, feel connected with and contribute to their world, have a strong sense of wellbeing, and are confident and involved learners. The Early Years Learning and Development Framework (E.Y.L.D.F) and the National Quality Framework (N.Q.F.) underpin our program and practice. We engage in assessment for learning and reflective practice.
- Play is drawn from their own experiences, interests, imitation and modelling of others.
- We work as a team and draw on our own combined strengths and skills.
- We are active in building strong partnerships with parents regarding the ongoing care, nurturing and learning requirements of their children.
- Staff and parents regularly keep each other informed of the progress and development of each child.
- Positive and open communication is essential to ensure that the individual needs of each family are met.
- Parental involvement is integral and strongly encouraged which aligns with our N.Q.F.