- Program Details
- Useful Information
- Contact Us
Welcome to Tally Ho Preschool
We value early childhood education as the foundation for lifelong learning. We believe that each child is a unique individual and should be viewed, respected and treated as such. As the welfare and wellbeing of each child is paramount, we strive to provide holistic support of the child’s development across all developmental domains – Learning, wellbeing, community, communication, and identity.
The early years of life are a critical time for learning and development, when children acquire essential foundation skills and knowledge and brain development is at its peak. We strive to give every child every opportunity to learn, grow and experience a happy and healthy childhood.
The educational program aims to:
- Reflect the core elements of the EYLF.
- Support children to acquire learning across the outcomes at different rates; in different ways; and at different times.
- Acknowledge that from birth, children live in an environment of ongoing relationships with their family, and are significantly influenced by them.
- Recognise that children’s first and most important learning happens with their family.
- Reflect the central view of young children living within the context of family, community, culture and place.
- Encourage children to become keen observers of the world and experiment with their surroundings and find out what happens when they interact with others.
- Provide an environment designed to foster children’s learning and development.
- Believe in the importance of supporting children’s creativity and the need to provide opportunities for the child to explore.
- Acknowledge the diverse nature of Australian society and strongly support inclusive practices.
- Be flexible to enable educators to respond to the wide range of children’s learning needs.
- Teach children to practice peaceful and inclusive ways of resolving conflicts or achieving co-existence.
- Everyone belongs – respect for everyone who calls Australia home. From the traditional owners of this land to those who have come from many countries around the world.
- To foster an individual who is caring, curious, interested, involved, and has self-respect.
- Collaborate in partnership with families to ensure we maximise each child’s potential.
- Make links to the community to enrich the programme.
The professional team, in partnership:
- Are reflective about children’s needs, are responsive to children’s play, and intentional; all of which meld together to form a quality Early Childhood practice.
- Help safeguard children’s health, development and wellbeing.
- Respecting and celebrating cultural diversity and embedding it in practice, policies and programs.
- Do children have respect for themselves; each other; the preschool and its resources?
- Do children have a voice, and are they able to use it in a respectful manner?
- Do children have a sense of pride in themselves and their community?
- Do the children have a positive self-image and sense of achievement; have self-direction and a feeling of freedom to explore and work?
- Are the children independent with their daily living skills?
- Do children have a love of learning for learning’s sake – knowledge is its own reward?