- Program Details
- Useful Information
- Contact Us
Welcome to Legend Park Preschool
“Play to Learn… Learn to Shine”
Committed to providing a positive learning environment with developmentally and culturally relevant enjoyable programs to assist each child to reach their full potential.
We believe that children learn best through play based experiences in which they can explore, investigate, experiment and participate in shaping their learning environment. The outcomes of Identity, Wellbeing, Learning, Community and Communication enable us to implement appropriate programs, based on the children’s ongoing development and emerging interests.
- Learn through play
- Are given time and space to develop skills
- Learn formally and informally
- Are respected for who they are
- Need to feel safe, secure and develop a sense of Belonging
Children learn respect for and tolerance of each other through their daily interactions at preschool and in the community, exploring other ways of Being.
- Collaborative partnerships with families are fostered to best provide for the needs of individual children
- Are encouraged to participate in the preschool program, sharing ideas and experiences
- Are supported in their parenting roles
Program and Environment
- We trust and encourage children to be active participants in their own learning through investigation and discovery
- An emergent curriculum is followed reflecting the National Framework (ELF) and the Victorian Framework (VEYLDF)
- Children are encouraged to be responsible for their own learning through choices in experiences, interests and routines
- Teachable moments are captured by educators. The children are involved as partners in program implementation by expressing their thoughts, ideas and opinions
- Families play an integral part in the program as partners with educators to gather a comprehensive picture of the whole child
- Positive relationships are formed with children individually, and also in group experiences (small and large)
- Reflective thinking and conversations with children and families are integral for a holistic approach to teaching and engagement
- Are responsive and sensitive to children’s ideas and emotions
- Work collaboratively with bestchance, families and community organizations
- Value parental input and participation in the program
- Value and utilize the expertise of other professionals and community groups to enhance children’s learning
- Assist children to participate in their community through neighborhood walks and sharing information about relevant facilities
We have organised an OPEN DAY on Saturday 24 August 10am to 2pm
Bush Walk Program
Here are some images of our regular bush walks.