Why Choose Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is a well sought after, approved form of child care, which is provided in the Family Day Care Educators own home. We have over 100 qualified Educators that provide education and care to over 800 children, in a safe and secure learning environment.
Current research confirms the importance of strong relationships with significant adults to a child’s early learning. Our Educators small group environments facilitate strong bonds and promote effective early learning and social development.
Educators can offer care during standard hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and in some cases overnight or weekends. Educators work with small groups of no more than four children under school age, with the ability to care for three additional school age children outside school hours. Educators can also offer the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in the one location.
Our Family Day Care program takes a family-centred approach, the strengths of the child’s family are valued and emphasised. Our team encourages and respects families’ choices and works collaboratively with families, recognising them as equal partners in supporting the child’s learning and development.
Working together with the local communities, Educators can support families in transporting children to their local kindergarten or primary school. In addition, Educators and children are connected through weekly Playgroups and Bush Playgroups providing engaging experiences with the natural elements.
Family Day Care is more flexible then most childcare centres. FDC offers childcare options including:
- Part-time or Full time
- Casual or Emergency
- Before and After School
- Before and After Kindergarten
- Holidays, including School Holidays
- Weekend Care
- Overnight Care
- Outside of regular hours
No matter what your situation, Family Day Care has an option for you.
bestchance Educators are carefully selected. Educators are required to undergo screening and are provided with supervision and training to ensure that safe and appropriate strategies are implemented when caring for your child. All Educators hold current Early Childhood Qualifications and First Aid Qualifications, and must obtain a Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to commencing. Our screening includes identity, references and qualification confirmations. All family members over the age of 18, residing in the home are also required to obtain a Police Check and have a current Working with Children Check prior to the Educator commencing.
bestchance provides a unique support network, where you can be assured that our team provides support and assistance to ensure the highest level of care for your child.
- We provide quality focus, support and supervision by our coordinator support staff.
- bestchance’s early childhood management team are committed to quality care, development, training, communication and outcomes for families.
- Support networks at bestchance include: parenting and family support programs, Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, and Psychologists.
- Our Educators and families are supported from our three offices, Glen Waverley, Pakenham and Bayswater North.
- We have Educator working parties and regular meetings to enhance and develop policies, procedures, programs and care.
- We provide state of the art software designed for parents, educators and service coordinators.