Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) / Registered NDIS Provider
“Give Your Child The Best Chance To Achieve”
- Currently Providing Helping Children With Autism (HCWA) And Better Start Initiative (BSI) Services.
- Registered Service Provider Of The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
As a parent you bring to bestchance expertise and knowledge about your child, your family and your community. The bestchance team brings a range of expertise about early childhood development to achieve optimal development for all children. We recognize that children learn best when parents and professionals work together as a team.
The bestchance Early Childhood Intervention team is dedicated to working in partnership with you and your child to ensure you are able to reach your goals.
The aim of our Early Childhood Intervention Program is to provide you as parents/carers with the information, confidence and resources to promote your child’s development and ability to participate fully within the family and wider community.
bestchance Early Childhood Intervention Program Looks Forward To Working With You And Your Child.
Why Choose bestchance?
You will receive quality early childhood intervention as well as a range of integrated early childhood services as detailed below…. offering you a range of services within the one organisation.
- Early Childhood Intervention services
- HCWA / Better Start Initiative
- Child Care – including long day care, family day care and occasional care
- Kindergarten – 3 year old and 4 year old programs
- Parent and Child Support Program – a volunteer home-based program, supported playgroup, counselling, emergency relief
- Cheshire School – for students Prep to 4 with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Kindergarten Cluster Managers
- Volunteer program – volunteers can support children with additional needs in Kindergarten or Child Care.
- Training courses for adults (bestchance is a Registered Training Organisation)
Who Is Eligible?
Children aged from birth to school entry who live in the Eastern Metropolitan area and have a diagnosed disability or a developmental delay in more than one area.
• Speech Pathologists
• Occupational Therapist
• ECI Teachers
• Parent Counsellor (is available for ECI families)
How We Work With Children And Families:
We are guided by what you want for your child and where you want the services to be provided – at your home, at childcare, at Kindergarten or at bestchance. Our team provides each family with a Key Worker who is the main contact for all services. The Key Worker collaborates with all other professionals to ensure the best outcomes are achieved.
• Therapy services – speech pathology, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and psychology.
• Services in the family home, at child care, at kindergarten and at bestchance
• Short term group programs e.g. ALERT program, Preparing for School program
• Educational programs
• Weekly Playgroup
• Parent education workshops e.g. sensory processing, transition to school
• Access to resources –including application for additional funding e.g. Kindergarten Inclusion Support, Flexible Support Program.
• Consultation and support to Early Childhood Education and Care programs
• Transition support to assist with commencement of kindergarten, child care and school.
• We also have child care centres and Kindergarten programs at bestchance
100% Parent Satisfaction Rating Received From Families Surveyed In The Last 2 Years.
We Can Provide Assistance And Support With:
- children’s overall development
- children’s development of speaking and understanding
- children’s physical skills such as sitting, crawling, walking and coordination
- children’s development of sleeping routines, toilet training, eating or dressing
- children’s behaviour, attention and concentration
- parent education and information sessions
- the development of resources
- assessment of a specific area of development
- professional terminology and accessing resources
- information and/or support services in the community
- information and/or referrals to other professionals
- access to other bestchance services
- assistance with transitioning to school
- support in developing skills in advocating for the needs of your child and family
Early Childhood Intervention Services (ECIS) have a regional central point of entry – Central Intake for Early Childhood Intervention Services, Department of Education and Training, North Eastern Victoria Region.
To make a referral to an ECIS agency please contact Central Intake on 1300 662 655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome your enquiries. For further information about bestchance Early Childhood Intervention, please contact our Team Manager, Sandra Roberts on 8562 5152 Or 8562 5100.
“We have been through 4 intervention services and this is the best by far. We finally feel like we are being supported in a way that is suited to my child and not just offered a blanket solution. I only wish we had tapped into your service earlier as this will be her last year before going to school”.
– ECI Parent Survey 2016
“We could not have made it through last year or this year without bestchance. They have truly given our boy the best chance to progress onto Primary School with ease and to help us parents to work with him. I would recommend them to everyone “.
– ECI Parent Survey 2016