Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) / Registered NDIS Provider
“Give Your Child The Best Chance To Achieve”
- Currently Providing Helping Children With Autism (HCWA) And Better Start Initiative (BSI) Services.
- Registered Service Provider Of The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
As a parent you bring to bestchance expertise and knowledge about your child, your family and your community. The bestchance team brings a range of expertise about early childhood development to achieve optimal development for all children. We recognize that children learn best when parents and professionals work together as a team.
The bestchance Early Childhood Intervention team is dedicated to working in partnership with you and your child to ensure you are able to reach your goals.
The aim of our Early Childhood Intervention Program is to provide you as parents/carers with the information, confidence and resources to promote your child’s development and ability to participate fully within the family and wider community.
bestchance Early Childhood Intervention Program Looks Forward To Working With You And Your Child.
You will receive quality early childhood intervention as well as a range of integrated early childhood services as detailed below…. offering you a range of services within the one organisation.
- Early Childhood Intervention services
- HCWA / Better Start Initiative
- Child Care – including long day care and family day care
- Kindergarten – 3 year old and 4 year old programs
- Parent and Child Support Program – a volunteer home-based program, supported playgroup, counselling, emergency relief
- The Cheshire School – for students Prep to 4 with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Volunteer program – volunteers can support children with additional needs in Kindergarten or Child Care.
- Training courses for adults (bestchance is a Registered Training Organisation)
Children aged from birth to 10 years and have a diagnosed disability or a developmental delay in more than one area.
You can access ECI services if you choose bestchance to support you to meet the goals of your NDIS Plan or you may self – fund your services.
Please contact our Intake team for further information on 1300 224 644.
NDIS is a new way for children and their families to access services to link to their community, to put the goals of your child and family at the centre and to provide you with choice over who delivers services to you. You may choose bestchance to support you to meet the goals of your NDIS plan and or you may choose to self – fund your services.
bestchance Early Intervention Services are provided in accordance with the Transdisciplinary Key Worker Model. Your family will have a main point of contact which we call the key worker. Your key Worker will work with you to develop a plan to meet the goals for your child with support of our team. Our Team of early intervention allied health specialists include:
Tailoring Services to Your needs
Our Service is based on family centred principles and is strength based. We work in your child’s natural environments to build your family capacity within your everyday routines to support your child’s development. In addition to the Transdisciplinary Key Worker Model, we will also offer Complimentary specific individual therapy with: Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, Speech Pathologists and Educational Advisors.
We also offer a range of a range of Therapeutic groups including:
• Fine and Gross Motor
• Self – Regulation
• Kinder and School Readiness
• Parent Education
• Music and Movement
How We Work With Children And Families:
We are guided by what you want for your child and where you want the services to be provided – at your home, at childcare, at Kindergarten or at bestchance. Our team provides each family with a Key Worker who is the main contact for all services. The Key Worker collaborates with all other professionals to ensure the best outcomes are achieved.
We Can Provide Assistance And Support With:
- children’s overall development
- children’s development of speaking and understanding
- children’s physical skills such as sitting, crawling, walking and coordination
- children’s development of sleeping routines, toilet training, eating or dressing
- children’s behaviour, attention and concentration
- parent education and information sessions
- the development of resources
- assessment of a specific area of development
- professional terminology and accessing resources
- information and/or support services in the community
- information and/or referrals to other professionals
- access to other bestchance services
- assistance with transitioning to school
- support in developing skills in advocating for the needs of your child and family
Compliments, Complaints and Feedback:
We encourage your feedback as it helps us to identify what we are doing well and where we can approve.
It is okay to complain poster is attached for your information or can be accessed via the following website:
You can obtain further support with complaints and complaint resolution via this website.
We encourage your feedback as it helps us to identify what we are doing well and where we can approve”
You can provide your feedback by either completing the Compliment, Complaint, Appeals and Feedback Form and returning to:
or via telephone: 03 9562 5164
We welcome families accessing our Early Childhood Intervention supports to include other support people such as family, friend and/or advocates in all stages of your journey with us.
If you require the use of an Advocate please do not hesitate to let us know. We can help you or alternatively the Victorian Advocacy League for Individuals with Disability has a list of Victorian Advocacy Organisation.
Emergency Management Planning:
To ensure your safety and that safety of our service providers we will reschedule any services that are to be provided at any location noted on the Bushfire At Risk Register during Code Red days. https://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/Pages/bushfirerisk.aspx
“We have been through 4 intervention services and this is the best by far. We finally feel like we are being supported in a way that is suited to my child and not just offered a blanket solution. I only wish we had tapped into your service earlier as this will be her last year before going to school”.
– ECI Parent Survey 2016
“We could not have made it through last year or this year without bestchance. They have truly given our boy the best chance to progress onto Primary School with ease and to help us parents to work with him. I would recommend them to everyone “.
– ECI Parent Survey 2016