Call 1300 224 644 to book now
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113)
bestchance Training is delighted to announce the launch of two different delivery options for students undertaking the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113):
- Option 1: This option is for students who hold a current Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) and are working a minimum of 14 hours per week in a childcare setting. This course takes into account the students’ prior experience and knowledge, as well as their ability to apply assessment tasks to the workplace. Students will be required to attend a workshop one Saturday per month for up to 12 month if they hold the new Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) and complete a range of assessment tasks in their workplace.
- Option 2: This option is for any student who wishes to undertake the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113). Students with prior qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care may be eligible for recognition of prior learning or credit transfer. Students will be required to attend class 2 days per week over 12 months and students are required to complete 240 hours practical placement.
Note: If you hold a current Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113), you may be eligible for credit transfer for up to 12 units and your practical placement hours may be reduced to 120 hours for option 2.
For further information or to enrol please contact our friendly administration team on 1300 224 644. Alternately, please fill out our contact form and we will help you decide what the best option is for your needs and career aspirations.
About the course:
This Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care addresses the skills and knowledge required to work as a Room Leader and take responsibility for planning, implementing and managing programs in Early Childhood Education and Care settings as well as the supervision of children, other educators, students and volunteers. This course will also equip you with the skills and knowledge to work with infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers, and school-age children.
Work in the early childhood field is both demanding and extremely rewarding. Desirable qualities for this work are patience, understanding, imagination, cheerfulness, energy, adaptability and a willingness to take responsibility.
Educators with the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care can undertake responsibilities for developing and evaluating a childcare program. Occupational titles may include: Authorised Supervisor, Centre Manager, Childhood Educator, Children’s Adviser, Children’s Service Director/Manager, Early Childhood Educator, Children’s Services Coordinator, Director, Group/Team Coordinator/Leader, Program Leader, Child Development Worker.
- Option 1: Duration is up to 12 months, with a requirement to attend class one Saturday per month. Students must hold a current Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113 ) or Certificate III in Children’s Services, and work a minimum of 14 hours per week in a childcare setting.
- Option 2: Duration is up to 12 months, with a requirement to attend class two days per week, plus practical placement of 240 hours.
All delivery options include a combination of face to face classes with activities and research, including work place based activities. Students must attend classes as timetabled and allow time for additional independent study.
- Dedication, patience and tact
- Ability to focus on long-term study
- Flexible in approach
- Strong written/language skills
Contact us to attend an information session to ensure your eligibility.
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding.
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and disabilities to apply for this training.
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Appropriate level of literacy and numeracy skills
• Basic computer skills, including internet and email
• Working with Children Check
bestchance Training offers low course fees in comparison to other registered training organisations – to find out how much the Diploma program options are click here. All course fees can be paid through a flexible payment plan to suit your needs.
You can join this course at anytime. Please visit our course calendar for more information or to enrol.
Yes, if you have a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113) you may be eligible for Credit Transfer for up to 12 units from the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113).
Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC50113):
CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
CHCECE003 Provide care for children
CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care service
CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour
CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
Plus the following electives:
BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
BSBCOM502 Evaluate and review compliance
BSBCOM406 Conduct work within a compliance framework
CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
After completion of this qualification, participants may continue their education at University level.