Call 1300 224 644 to book now
Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213)
About the course:
The Certificate III in Education Support is aimed at those seeking work in the education system as a Teacher’s Aide. The course will provide you with the skills and experience to assist teachers in a range of different classroom settings and is the ideal option if you want to gain the skills to work in schools. This qualification will show you how to support children and young people in the classroom and enhance your knowledge of learning development. There is also a mandatory work placement component to provide you with on-the-job experience that will help you to secure employment.
This qualification covers workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, which provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad based supervision.
Jobs you can apply for with this qualification may include Teacher Aide, Teacher Assistant, Education Assistant (special needs), Integration Aide, Education Support Worker or Home Tutor.
According to Government statistics, employment for Education Aides is projected to increase to 86,000 by 2017. Weekly earnings for full-time Education Aides before tax (and not including employer superannuation) was $808 (2012 data). The main age group for Education Aides is 45-54 years and the median age is 46 years – click here to find out more.
To view current vacancies for Integration Aide/Teacher Aide positions please visit the Department of Education and Training jobs in Victorian Government Schools website.
Two days per week of class time (9.30am to 3pm) over 20 weeks plus 120 hours of work placement.
*Course duration may vary based on frequency of delivery and public holidays
*Please note classes are not held during school breaks
This course is undertaken as a combination of class based teaching, work placement and independent learning tasks. Students are required to attend classes as timetabled and allow time for additional independent study. Work placement totalling 120 hours in an approved school is a requirement for successful completion of the course. Workplace assessments will be conducted for each placement.
- Dedication, patience and tact
- Ability to relate easily to children
- Flexible in approach
- Ability to communicate simply and clearly
Contact us to attend an information session to ensure your eligibility.
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and disabilities to apply for this training.
bestchance Training offers low course fees in comparison to other registered training organisations – to find out how much this course costs click here. All course fees can be paid through a flexible payment plan to suit your needs.
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Available during hours 9am – 3pm
- Appropriate level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic computer skills, including internet and email
- Working with Children Check (must be obtained prior to work placement)
We run this course all year round – please visit our course calendar for our latest course dates.
- CHCEDS001 Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS017 Contribute to the health and safety of students
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS003 Contribute to student education in all development domains
- CHCEDS004 Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS002 Assist implementation of planned educational program
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCEDS007 Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCEDS018 Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCEDS016 Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment
- CHCEDS025 Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS005 Support development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS015 Support development of students research skills
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
After completion of this qualification, participants may continue their education in CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support (please note at present we do not offer this course at bestchance Training – we only offer the Certificate III in Education Support).