Call 1300 224 644 to book now
Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213)
About the course:
The Certificate III in Education Support is aimed at those seeking work in the education system as a Teacher’s Aide. The course will provide you with the skills and experience to assist teachers in a range of different classroom settings and is the ideal option if you want to gain the skills to work in schools. This qualification will show you how to support children and young people in the classroom and enhance your knowledge of learning development. There is also a mandatory work placement component to provide you with on-the-job experience that will help you to secure employment.
There are two different delivery options for students undertaking the Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213):
Option 1: This option is for any student who wishes to undertake the Certificate III in Education Support (CHC30213). Students will be required to attend class 2 days per week over approximately 20 weeks and students are required to complete 120 hours practical placement. This course is undertaken as a combination of class based teaching, work placement and independent learning tasks.
Option 2: This option is for students who are currently working as an Education Support Officer a minimum of 10 hours per week. Participants are only required to attend class one day per month for 12 months with assessments and assignments applied in the workplace.
This qualification covers workers in a range of education settings, including public and independent schools and community education settings, which provide assistance and support to teachers and students under broad based supervision.
Jobs you can apply for with this qualification may include Teacher Aide, Teacher Assistant, Education Assistant (special needs), Education Support Worker or Home Tutor.
To view current vacancies for Integration Aide/Teacher Aide positions please visit the Department of Education and Training jobs in Victorian Government Schools website.
Two days per week of class time (9.30am to 3pm) over 20 weeks plus 120 hours of work placement.
*Course duration may vary based on frequency of delivery and public holidays
*Please note classes are not held during school breaks
This course is undertaken as a combination of class based teaching, work placement and independent learning tasks. Students are required to attend classes as timetabled and allow time for additional independent study. Work placement totalling 120 hours in an approved school is a requirement for successful completion of the course. Workplace assessments will be conducted for each placement.
- Dedication, patience and tact
- Ability to relate easily to children
- Flexible in approach
- Ability to communicate simply and clearly
Contact us to attend an information session to ensure your eligibility.
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply for this training.
bestchance Training offers low course fees in comparison to other registered training organisations – to find out how much this course costs click here. All course fees can be paid through a flexible payment plan to suit your needs.
Special Offers now available!
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Available during hours 9:30am – 3pm
- Appropriate level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Basic computer skills, including internet and email
- Working with Children Check (must be obtained prior to work placement)
We run this course all year round – please visit our course calendar for our latest course dates.
- CHCEDS001 Comply with legislative, policy and industrial requirements in the education environment
- CHCEDS017 Contribute to the health and safety of students
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCECE006 Support behaviour of children and young people
- CHCEDS003 Contribute to student education in all development domains
- CHCEDS004 Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
- CHCEDS002 Assist implementation of planned educational program
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCEDS007 Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCEDS018 Support students with additional needs in the classroom environment
- CHCEDS016 Support learning for students with disabilities in a classroom environment
- CHCEDS025 Facilitate learning for students with disabilities
- CHCEDS005 Support development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS006 Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS015 Support development of students research skills
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
After completion of this qualification participants may continue their education in CHC41712 Certificate IV in Education Support (please note at present we do not offer this course at bestchance Training – we only offer the Certificate III in Education Support).