Skills First Teacher
About the Role
Reporting to the Lead Assessor, the primary objective of this role is to deliver quality learning and assessment to participants of both accredited and pre-accredited courses as per course schedules and training package requirements.
Your responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
- the development, delivery, assessment and evaluation of classroom based qualification programs.
- ensuring that Skills First contractual compliance requirements and Australian Skills Quality Authority requirement are met.
- Deliver classroom based training which is compliant with organisational policies and procedures, external contractual and regulatory requirements including but not limited to:
- Skills First Victoria
- Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF)
- Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- Relevant Training Package Qualification – Units of Competency Performance Criteria and Assessment Requirements
- Conduct assessments using flexible innovative adult learning principles to teaching and assessment
- Implement proactive positive behaviour management strategies within a learning environment
- repare detailed lesson plans/session plans which directly address the relevant Learning Outcomes, Performance Criteria and Assessment Requirements of each unit of competency to be delivered and assessed
- ensuring course timetables are followed in an efficient and effective manner, supporting students in a professional manner to suit the needs of each individual as well as the group
- Provide a learning environment that supports and provides assistance to student in creating pathways to further education and/or employment
- Participate in internal and external audits, validation, moderation and professional development as required by the organisation
- Provide customer service ensuring all visitors, teachers and students feel welcome and supported
- Create and foster positive relationships with students
- Deliver high quality training programs which results in educational outcomes for students
- Meet all duty of care requirements with students
- Proactively manage students-at-risk with early intervention plans
- You will have relevant and appropriate vocational qualifications at a minimum to the level teaching and assessing
- You will have relevant and recent vocational and training and assessment experience
- Can demonstrate highly developed communication, people and organisational skills
- You will have excellent computer and record keeping skills
- you have a genuine enthusiasm and commitment to community based education and training
- You are passionate about providing a high level of customer service to students
- Able to demonstrate an ability to create positive and professional relationships with students
We are a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to create stronger communities, healthier families and happier childhoods.
We do this by offering a range of services that centre around education, care and inclusion.
A SNAPSHOT OF WHO WE ARE:
What's in it for you?
- Professional Development: As a values based employer, bestchance educators are provided with mentoring, advice and support to extend their practice and achieve their professional goals.
- Generous Salary Packaging: As a not-for-profit organisation we able to offer our employees attractive salary packaging benefits
which will reduce your income tax
- Professional Counselling: We offer all employees access to our employee wellbeing program
- Friendly and collaborative environment
How to Apply
Click here for a full position description.
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.