About the Role
bestchance Child Family Care is currently seeking an exceptional Registered Play Therapist (Level 1 – Level 3) with a positive and proactive approach to join our dedicated Children’s Therapy team.
Reporting to the Team Manager – Children’s Therapy Services, you will work as part of a transdisciplinary team of Allied Health professionals to provide high quality services, integrating the developmental and therapeutic needs of children, to increase children’s meaningful participation in daily life.
This role will focus on building the capacity of children, families and communities through individual and group clinical work (both in clinic and in the community).
This is an on-going role, with the option of either part-time or full-time, with the opportunity to work out of our Glen Waverley, Pakenham or Footscray offices.
You will stand out if you:
- have experience working with children as a clinician/therapist within Play Therapy and will be fully registered with the Australasia Pacific Play Therapy Association (APPTA) or Australian Play Therapy Association (APTA)
- have demonstrated ability and knowledge to support children with developmental delay and disabilities aged 0-10 years, and their families
- have a proven ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with stakeholders and families from a broad range of social and cultural backgrounds
- have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain positive, sensitive relationships with children, parents, staff and caregivers.
In addition to the above you will need the following to be considered for this role:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Child Play Therapy
- hold a valid Employee Working with Children Check
We are a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to create stronger communities, healthier families and happier childhoods.
We do this by offering a range of services that centre around education, care and inclusion.
A SNAPSHOT OF WHO WE ARE:
What's in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary with generous salary packaging of up to $15,900 each FBT year
- On-going full-time or part-time role with an immediate start
- Genuinely committed to staff development with opportunities for cross-training and working with other areas of the business to create variety an interest in your caseload
- Expansive Continuous Professional Development (CPD) framework with a personal budget
- Strong proactive focus on health and wellbeing, understanding that carers need caring too!
- Genuine flexible working arrangements in a supportive, inclusive and passionate team
- Protected mentoring and supervision time
- Opportunity to be part of our mentoring program to offer our Level 1 therapists support
- Access to Employee Wellbeing Program
How to Apply
Click here for a full position description.
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.