Early Childhood Teacher - Pakenham
About the Role
bestchance Child Family Care is currently seeking an exceptional individual with a positive and proactive approach to join our passionate and supportive team at Andrew’s Community Kindergarten.
This position will see you performing the roles of Nominated Supervisor and Education Leader for the service.
As a values based employer, bestchance educators are provided with mentoring, advice and support to extend their practice and achieve their professional goals.
Andrew’s Community Kindergarten
4 Year Old Group
Location: 210 Henty Way, Pakenham VIC 3810
Session Times: Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30am – 1:30pm
Non-contact Time: 5 hours
Organisational Hours: 0.75 hours
Nominated Supervisor Hours: 0.50 hours
Educational Leader Hours: 1.56 hours
Other Approved Hours: 0.19 hours
Total Hours: 18 hours
You will stand out if you:
- have experience in a kindergarten environment, working within a strength-based and family centred approach
- desire to develop warm, respectful and positive relationships with staff, children and families
- a genuine passion in creating a safe, secure and nurturing environment
- an ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with stakeholders and families from a broad range of social and cultural backgrounds.
In addition to the above you will need the following to be considered for this role:
- completed a Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent recognised by ACECQA
- hold a valid registered Victorian Institute of Teaching card
- hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate (Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- successfully completed Protecting Children – Mandatory reporting and other obligations for the Early Childhood Sector’ training
- have a well-developed understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework, National Quality Standards and National Regulations
We are a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to create stronger communities, healthier families and happier childhoods.
We do this by offering a range of services that centre around education, care and inclusion.
A SNAPSHOT OF WHO WE ARE:
What's in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary with generous salary packaging of up to $15,900 each FBT year
- On-going full-time role with an immediate start
- 16 weeks’ paid parental leave for kindergarten Educators employed under the VECTEA
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team who are supportive, approachable and truly passionate about delivering excellence
- Discounted rates for staff at all bestchance childcare centres
- Genuine commitment to professional development
- Access to Employee Wellbeing Program
How to Apply
Click here for a full position description.
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.