bestchance is expanding services in Cardinia by offering a suite of training programs to families accessing the Kindergarten programs at Arena Child and Family Centre and to members of the local community.
Courses offered are:
Digital Literacy – 7th October – 9.30am to 3.30pm – Cost: FREE
This free 1 day program gives participants, with little or limited knowledge, the skills to undertake basic computers tasks such as email, calendar management, utilisation of search engines, developing documents, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
Financial Literacy – 14th October – 9.30am to 3.30pm – Cost: FREE
This interactive workshop will help you to understand your current financial situation to develop your family budget as well as establish your financial goals. You will learn about ways to limit your spending and develop saving strategies, reviewing your current financial situation and knowing where to go for help if you need it and the traps in borrowing more than you can afford.
Prepare for Employment – 3 day program – 11th November, 18th November, 25th November – 9.30am to 3.30pm – Cost FREE
This free 3 day program gives participants the skills to apply for employment. The skills and outcomes participants can expect to develop by attending this program include:
- Compilation of a professional resume and letter of application
- Addressing job selection criteria
- Development of a portfolio of experience, training, qualifications, achievements, and referees.
- Setting personal and career goals
- Identifying jobs fitting to skill set
- Communicating effectively in a group environment
- How to make enquires about a potential position
- Development of interview skills through role play
- Usage of computers and OH&S practices when working with computers
- How to follow workplace safety procedures and Identify potential workplace hazards
- How to report OH&S issues
First Aid – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting (HLTAID004) – two day program – 9.30am to 5pm – Cost: $150
HLTAID004 is an intensive accredited short course designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, until the arrival of medical or other assistance; with a specific focus on an Education and Care setting. Participants will manage the casualty or casualties, the incident and other firstaiders. Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
Course content includes first aid management of:
- Cardiac arrest
- An unconscious casualty
- Bleeding and wounds
- Fractures, strains, sprains and dislocations
All programs will take place at: Hollins Centre Community Room, Pakenham
Please note the programs marked above as free of charge will have a free lunch provided also. Places are limited for all programs so please hurry and secure your place by completing the online registration form below or contact bestchance Training on 1300 224 644.
Some error has occured.