Become a Family Day Care Educator
Start your own Family Day Care business through bestchance and be your own boss!
If you are a qualified Early Years educator and you believe that the home environment provides a better atmosphere to develop and nurture strong bonds with children and families, then a career in Family Day Care may be perfect for you. Family Day Care educators are essentially small business owners operating a smaller-scale child care service from their own homes.
bestchance manages a network of FDC Educators throughout Victoria and provides the governance for each small business owner to meet and maintain the standards required from the industry regulatory bodies. Our role is to ensure your operation is safe and compliant so that you can focus on providing high quality care to your community.
Benefits of being a bestchance Family Day Care Educator
Work from home
Run your own business from the comfort of your own home
Be your own boss
Choose the working days and hours that suit you and your lifestyle
We handle all invoicing and fee collection. You are paid regardless of parent payments.
Opportunity to Upskill
bestchance offers free professional development and can assist with upgrading qualifications
Earn while parenting
Care for your own children at home while still earning an income
What is Family Day Care?
Family Day Care is a well sought after, approved form of child care provided in your own home.
Educators are qualified professionals that provide education and care in a safe and secure learning environment to children.
Educators work with small groups of no more than four children, including their own, under school age, with the ability to care for three additional school age children outside school hours. This can offer the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in the one location.
Support from bestchance
bestchance will support you by giving guidance around home safety upgrades as well as assistance in meeting requirements from regulatory bodies.
Our marketing team offers promotional material to help you get your business up and running.
Playgroups and Networking
We run regular playgroups and bush playgroups that Family Day Care Educators can join. This will give you the opportunity to connect with other Educators and support each other.
Opportunity to Upskill
bestchance runs an RTO, bestchance Training. Through bestchance Training you can upgrade your qualifications and receive professional development.
As an Educator, you will have a Coordinator who provides mentoring as well as regular visits to assist you in every aspect of operations, including, health and safety, programming and quality of care.
What do I need to become a FDC Educator?
- A home that meets safety and environmental requirements and a commitment to safety and following the National Standards for Family Day Care.
- A minimum qualification of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
- A Level 2 First Aid Certificate, current CPR, asthma training and anaphylaxis training.
- A Police or Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check, for Educator and family members 18 years and over.
- Resources and equipment.
- For renters, permission from your landlord to operate Family Day Care from the home.
- Public Liability Insurance through Family Day Care Australia.
- Medical Clearance from your doctor.
- An Australian Business Number (ABN).
What is the process to become an FDC educator?
- Register your interest by filling out the Online Application Form below.
- An Interview will be arranged on completion of the Application Form
- Reference Checks will be carried out
- Full home safety check arranged
- Medical clearance requested
- Police Checks completed and provided
- Working with Children Check completed and provided
- Induction attended
- On completion of our probation period, congratulations you have become a bestchance Educator.
Our latest news
Single Parent Secrets: 10 ways to lighten the load! Holding down a steady job or furthering your education, while also
The Science of Play: The Importance of Play-based Learning As you look for the right Kindergarten for your child, you